One of Kathrin and Meen's requirements is an introduction by answering a few questions, so here goes!
1) Give us five fun-facts about you. (Things that are so trivial you wouldn't think of them right away, but that might make others smile.)
a. My mother and father read to me every night of my life when I was a child, until I could read myself to sleep!
b. My favorite poet and mystery author is Edgar Allen Poe, who is a distant ancestor!
c. I can't cook for beans! Thank god for hubby who is a great cook!
d. I have four sons, all of them over 6 foot tall! (but little momma can still handle em'!)
e. I've been a reader all my life, and I'm proud to say all my boys read also!
2) What is on your TBR stack for the next two days?
My stack is so high, it teeters, but for the next two days I'm going to try to get "Foolproof" by Barbara D'Amato and "Gutshot Straight" by Lou Berney. Both are out of my comfort zone, and more thriller/mysteryish, but this is a great push for me to read them. And if I finish those two, pleasure reading will be "Knit, Purl, Die" by Anne Canadeo!
3) Do you have any specific hopes and plans for this read-a-thon? To get through these two new books and get the reviews written!
4) Did you participate in the Mystery Read-A-Thon in the past? No, just found out about it today! But I'm thrilled to join in!
5) If you already participated, can you give the new participants any tips on what to do and what not to do? Haven't participated before, but always a great tip is have fun!! That's why we read, isn't it?
6) If this is your first Mystery Read-A-Thon, how do you plan to go ahead? Settling in to tackle the first book, and checking the mini-challenges and twitters!
Here we go!