Here's a little more about the program:
P.O. Box 5456
Capitol Heights, MD 20791-5456
- All cards being sent in for 2011 Holiday Mail For Heroes program should be postmarked no later than Friday, December 9, 2011.
- Ensure that all cards are signed.
- Use generic salutations such as “Dear Service Member.” Cards addressed to specific individuals can not be delivered through this program.
- Only cards are being accepted. Do not send letters.
- Do not include email or home addresses on the cards, as the program is not meant to foster pen pal relationships.
- Do not include inserts of any kind, including photos, as these items will be removed during the reviewing process.
- We encourage participants to mail as many cards as they are comfortable sending. If you are mailing a large quantity, please bundle the cards and place them in large mailing envelopes or use a flat rate box from the post office. Each card does not need its own envelope, as cards will be removed from all envelopes before distribution.
- Please refrain from sending holiday cards with glitter. Many of these cards will be delivered to military and veterans medical facilities and the glitter could interfere with a patient's recovery.
A CHALLENGE TO MY READERS!
As a challenge to my blog readers - for every one who sends a card to this program, and leaves me a comment here, I'll match that number of cards with ones of my own and send them in.
Deadline for letting me know will be December 8th (so I can meet the ARC dead line of December 9th!)
Let's help make this a great holiday for those who are making our country safe and free!