Did your momma ever tell you "eat that, it's good for you!"? How many times have we heard "oh, that's not good for you to eat!"? Well, now with the help of a fascinating book, "Foods That Harm, Foods That Heal," we can know exactly which foods are good for us and which to stay away from!
- More than 90 health condition entries from arthritis to insomnia to heart disease
- Almost 150 food entries from apples to zucchini, including fast food, additives, and more
- Simple ways to eat, cook, and store each food
- Food-medicine interactions to be aware of
- Sidebars on everything from the new USDA Food Plate to the many benefits of vitamin D, probiotics and super foods like goji berries and acai.
I was so impressed with how this book is laid out! It's easy to read, easy to understand, and easy to use as a reference at the drop of a spoon!
The first section deals with how foods affect our bodies, gives new information on food safety standards, and how food can help us to heal our bodies. The second section breaks down food and their benefits and their dangers alphabetically, with info on how each food affects our health, what harms it might hold, eating tips, buying tips and storing tips.
Section three is devoted to a variety of condition and ailments and how foods can help to heal these illnesses. From acne to strokes to macular degeneration, there is information on what foods help, what foods to avoid and ideas to discuss with the doctor.
This really is an all-in-one book that should be apart of everyone's cooking and medical library! I highly recommend it!
My thanks to Jennifer Brod at Goodman Media for supplying the review copy of this book. I was not compensated for my opinion.
Weekend Cooking is a weekly meme sponsored by BethFishReads at www.bethfishreads.com
Check out what other bloggers are cooking and reading about!